Friday, July 26, 2019

Time seems to pass so slowly since I left your building. Today, I woke up at around 5 am.

Silence. Deafening silence.

I do my daily rounds and errands hoping that these will hasten time, intentionally pushing myself to exhaustion so that I won't have time to think or feel. But you're in me. In everything I do, you're there.

I got myself a haircut yesterday. On my way home, I bought a grande non-fat macchiato and paired it with the cookies I bought at Rockwell. I watched that Grey's episode when the senior residents took their surgical board exam. As it turns out, it's the same episode where Lexie tells Sloan that she still loves him.

Today, I received an email from MDS that my application for a travel bursary has been granted. I guess I'm going to South Korea next month. I'm panicking because I'm still fixing my documents for the visa application. I hope I can make this happen.

Sleeping at the back of our lounge has been the closest I've been to you. It felt so good to hear your voice when you called the accounting office. It was a good nap.

I just got home from the fellowship and post-CME dinner of Pedia Neuro. I think this is the first time in days that I ate so much. Our team won the jeopardy game, and I got free chamomile tea from Marks & Spencer. In just a bit, I'll take a shower and try to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope your day's going fine. I'm excited for you to see your mom again.
Happy duty, love.

No comments: