How do we fight? When do we know if fighting is worth the pain, the wounds, the bruises, and the scars? When do we know when it's time to give up?
I have fought for you and for us since the very beginning; and in my effort not to lose that fight, I somehow lost a part of myself. I gave you pieces of me, little by little, until I realized that maybe I was already giving too much.
Right now, I have plenty of questions, and zero answers. All I know is that I can never lose myself again. I did my best to trust you despite the doubts, the uncertainties, and the adversities, and I ended up getting bruised.
You wanted me to fight for you, for us -- and I did -- but at the end of it all, no one ever fought for me.
You're right. Us? It is simple. It shouldn't be complicated or difficult. All I ever really wanted was for you to show me that no matter the pain, choosing to fight would be worth it.
The questions is, will you have the courage to fight for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment